My 16 Weird Dream Stories (Interesting, Strange and Funny Dreams)

In this blog post, I’m sharing my weird dream stories. Those are interesting dreams that I’ve had for about ten past years.

I tried to describe them as precisely as I could, without adding extra details after the fact.

On this page, I only included funny and strange dreams. If you are also looking for creepy ones, read these scary dream stories about my nightmares.

Let’s move in the chronological order.



    1. Tornadoes and Storms 

    October 30 2011

    Strangely enough, I regularly have dreams about tornadoes and dust devils. This is something I find fascinating. When seeing an approaching tornado in my dream, I feel both excited and afraid of dying inside the whirlwind.

    Sometimes I see tornadoes through my kitchen window, approaching. There were a few dreams where the glass cracked and the ravaging wind broke into the apartment, throwing the contents into the air, causing total chaos inside.

    Sometimes I find myself outside seeing a tornado approaching to devour me. It separates me from the ground, I get inside the vortex expecting to be killed by low air pressure, and wake up. Once upon a time, however, I was just transported to China, undamaged.

    Today, I dreamt about watching a storm. It’s a few kilometers away from me. The clouds, being deformed and shredded by the wind, are taking weird shapes. There is a fire in that location (it’s a wooded area). Knowing that large fires provoke whirlwinds, I hope to see one, but, unfortunately, this doesn’t happen.

    Suddenly, in a few seconds, with speed unreal for a fire, it spreads for a few more kilometers, covering my location and even farther. But I’m staying undamaged. As soon as this happens, a powerful downpour falls from the sky. So sudden, like water from a shower. It extinguishes all the fire in just a moment.

    Below is a video showing pretty much what I see in my dreams. It shows an approaching tornado that hits the cameraman. The man who recorded it got serious injuries. His wife who was downstairs died. The man should have probably taken care of her instead of filming the tornado. To have her hide in the basement if their house had one of something else. His house was destroyed. Anyway, here is what I sometimes see in my dreams.

    And another similar video, a bit more detailed:

     

    2. Night Amidst the Day

    May 31 2016

    This dream was especially vivid.

    I am in my room. Outside, there is an unbelievably violent rainstorm. It’s noon, but because of the clouds, it’s dark like at night.

    At some point, in a small area of the sky, a hole appears in the thick curtain of clouds, showing the moon. It looks like a gigantic searchlight in the sky. The light coming from it is so bright that it fills my entire room. The light is hitting my eyes so heavily that I barely see.

    This is combined, in a sinister way, with the devastating storm still going on and the night that fell down amidst the day. It feels like a cataclysm accompanying the end of the world.

    Below is a kind of relevant video that I filmed in the summer of 2021.


    3. A Dream that Inspired My Song About a Rabbit

    2015

    While sleeping at the steel plant where I used to work a few years ago, I had a dream where two little girls were singing a children’s song. It was a tragic story about a little rabbit eaten by a fox. When I woke up, I still remembered the tune. The girls in my dream sang in Russian. I only remembered one or two phrases and the main idea. After waking up, I made voice recording notes on my phone so that I wouldn’t forget important details.

    Later I wrote and recorded a song based on the melody and the lyrics I had heard in my dream. Hania Zdunek, an Australian-American pop singer-songwriter, kindly agreed to record the vocals for it. The song is included in my album Tornado Dreams (2017).

    Lyrics:

    Young little rabbit lived in the meadow
    Inside his hole in the ground
    Ate the primroses, loved crispy carrot
    All day long played in the sun

    All his live was pure fun
    Never needed to run,
    known no fright, never needed to hide
    He was tiny and kind
    Never started to fight
    For a cabbage leaf with other guys

    Winter was coming, rabbit was sitting
    In his warm hole under ground
    "Let me in, kid, to warm up my paws"-
    He heard a strange voice from outside

    He was kind and naive
    Let the stranger come in
    Never new that was mean, evil fox
    He was murdered and eaten,
    that cute ball of fur
    turned to a small pile of broken white bones


    Later, I understood that the tune I had heard in my dream was inspired by the song Goose Walking Over My Grave by Jay Munly. It sounds similar.


    4. Mermaid Girlfriend

    Either late December 2016 or early January 2017

    I am at the river bank in my city. I’m sitting on a concrete block serving as a kind of an improvised dock for fishermen. Not far away from me a man is fishing. He is pulling a large fish from the water by using a rod and a net.

    I see a mermaid near me. She is naked and beautiful, swimming around and diving. We talk and like each other. I schedule a date with her and go home.

    Next day I have things to do which are delaying me. I’m afraid to be late because I know the mermaid is waiting for me. I can’t even call or contact her online to let her know I’m going to be late. Obviously, she doesn’t have a phone or computer because electronic devices can’t work under the water.


    5. Princess and Underwear on a Bus

    January 2017

    One of my really weird and funny dreams.

    I’m on a bus with some girl, probably a friend (not anyone from my real life). She tells me with a reproach: "Look, the royal couple has just entered the bus, and you didn’t even notice".

    I answer something like “So what?”, letting her know I don’t see anything special in a royal couple.

    I look at them — the king and the queen sitting in the opposite row of seats. They look like modern aristocratic, rich people. I don't know which country they were monarchs of. But they are likely European.

    Then I see a princess. She is in the front of the bus (my friend and I are sitting in the rear). All the seats are occupied, so the princess is standing. She is a young lady of my age. Her lips are boldly painted with rich red lipstick, and she looks like one Armenian girl I know in reality (Mariam), but taller and prettier. A young, aristocratic lady wearing an expensive dress and jewelry.

    She nods her head looking at me to say hello. I realize I’m actually familiar with this royal family. Now I feel ashamed about ignoring them. I stand up and approach the princess to have a talk. I apologize and she answers: "It's alright. I know you were drowning in your thoughts as usual". The princess gives me a small bag with presents for my birthday or on another occasion. She tells me it’s also for my upcoming trip to a tropical resort.

    I start unpacking everything, right in the bus. There are two bars of chocolate, socks, and underwear. The underwear looks weird. It’s an expensive model by a fancy designer or maybe just a luxury brand. There is swimwear too...

    I am taking all those items out of the bag one by one, looking at them and commenting, trying to be polite and nice. But I’m thinking "Why in the world did the princess present such weird things to me?".

    There is an exquisite underwear covering almost nothing while put on (I suppose so — I’m not trying it on right there). And an ultrafashionable male swimsuit with a bra — a bra for men.

    The princess must be thinking I am Lady Gaga. I know I would never use any of those items, but I try to be nice and look grateful. I ask the princess: "I don't even think I will figure out how to put these unusual, sophisticated things on. Does this come with a user's manual guide?" — this is a joke to hide my embarrassment and to look friendly. But the princess answers: “Of course, it's inside the bag” — she is serious. I answer "Thank you" and wake up.

    6. Cyborg Girlfriend

    May 2017

    One of my most interesting dream stories.

    I am a college student. I have to go to my classes at nearly 8PM for some reason. It’s already dark while I’m waiting for an overfilled bus. Its passengers are going to the steel plant I used to work at in real life several years ago. But in the dream I am going to college. In real life, the plant is in a different direction than the place I am going to in my dream. It’s not easy to squeeze in the crowded bus, but I make it.

    When the bus is coming to my bus stop, a young girl speaks to me. We get off the bus together. Even though it was evening a few minutes ago, now it’s daytime. The girl asks me in which direction I am going now, and I answer that I am going to college. She asks which college, but I don’t know its name — I only know the building is blue, so I say "The blue one". The girl says she is going to the same college and suggests that we go together. But first she has to go to her apartment for some reason. I’m going with her.

    At the girl’s apartment, we talk and I understand we like each other. The girl tells me that this apartment is owned by an old lady. We aren’t going to study that day. I’m going home, but first I go one floor up and see luxurious apartments: many large rooms with expensive, sophisticated interiors connected to each other, occupying the whole floor.

    I meet the old lady whom the girl mentioned. She appears to be an engineer, probably a genius villain. The woman is building a robot — an exact copy of my new girlfriend. She tells me that the girl I met today is her cyborg too, and that her romantic relationship with me was not in the woman’s plans. The girl has to be destroyed because she is an old model and replaced with an updated version — the one the lady is creating.

    This makes me disappointed. I don't remember now what I was going to do about this, but I went home.
     

    7. Ozzy Osbourne and a Whale

    May 2017

    I am on an oceanologists’ ship. The scientists are exploring whales’ behavior. They tell me that if a whale spends time with a diver from their company, it gets used to the diver, starts considering him a close friend, and misses him very much when the diver is away. The whale looks forward to their new meeting hoping to play together again. But this can only happen when the whale comes to the same place to hunt fish — one or several times a year.

    I see Ozzy Osbourne on the same ship. He is young and has blonde hair, like in the 80s. He says he is celebrating the release of Black Sabbath's new album by enjoying this oceanic trip.

    There is a little girl with us, around 11-12 years old. We start guessing the new album’s title. I realize that we are in the past and ask what year it is. Ozzy says it’s 1975. The girl isn’t very experienced in rock music, and she supposes the album is "Fireball". I say it’s an album by Deep Purple, not Black Sabbath.

    But I can’t remember what they actually had in ‘75. I think it was something past "Sabotage" (actually "Sabotage" would be the correct answer because it was released in ‘75 — I checked this after waking up). I suppose it’s "Technical Ecstasy", but I am wrong. I can’t even remember the title of the second album with Ozzy past "Sabotage" (I only remembered it a few hours after waking up — "Never Say Die").

    So nobody guessed which album Ozzy was celebrating. And then, he starts talking to a huge whale. The whale invites him to dive together. Ozzy replies he would love to play with the whale, but he is afraid because he swims badly under water and he can’t hold breath for a long time. 

     

    8. Nun Ecstasy 

    November 19, 2020

    The nun from the first scene in Sacred Flesh (a 2000 film by Nigel Wingrove) was my girlfriend (you can see her in the GIF below). In my dream, she visited me and tried to offer me the drug ecstasy.

    It was a white powder in a tiny plastic zip bag (though I've seen in films or on TV that it normally comes in pills and isn't normally distributed by nuns).

    Obviously, I had this dream because for more than a week, I've been immersed into editing my video interview with Nigel Wingrove. The video involves clips from his films — Sacred Flesh and Visions of Ecstasy (the latter also involves a sexy nun).


    9. Lio

    April 18, 2021

    Lio lives in my apartment building. We start dating. I invite her for a date and kiss her to say “see you soon”. She smiles at me and says “finally”, as if she was waiting for my kiss and I was a bit late with it.

    In my dream, Lio was younger than she is now.

    Below is my favorite song by Lio — Comix Discomix.


    And two cover songs I recorded:

     


     

    10. Korrozia Metalla

    August 3, 2021 

    Korrozia Metalla (Corrosion of Metal) is an old Soviet and Russian thrash metal band (the most badass, insane, and at the same time humorous band of Russian heavy metal music).

    The following dream isn’t mine. It’s one of my mom’s odd dreams that she told me today.

    In her dream, my mom sees a beaver who is gnawing metal. She is amused by the incredible strength of his teeth. It’s gnawing and gnawing metal, and then someone’s voice is saying “THIS IS KORROZIA METALLA!” (which in Russian also means “THIS IS CORROSION OF METAL!”).

    I found this very funny. My mom doesn’t listen to heavy metal, but she heard about the band from me.

    Also, some time ago, I recorded an acoustic heavy metal cover of one of the band’s songs:


    11. Varg Vikernes and Marmalade Drugs

    August 28, 2021

    I am on an airplane. But the interior of the plane doesn't look like one. At first, it looks like industrial premises: dirty and murky. An electrician changes lightbulbs, and I assist him. This feels like my real life experience from the time when I worked at the steel plant years ago.

    I meet Varg Vikernes on the same plane. We talk, he shares with me stories from his life. I notice that he likes to talk about himself only. He is as arrogant as he seems in his videos. But I am a good listener, so he is very nice to me. I see he enjoys my company. We share milk chocolate and other treats included in the airplane service.

    Our flight makes multiple stops. Looks like it's a long distance flight. At some point, the interior of the plane changes from industrial premises to my grandma's apartment.

    I am on a couch. A policeman approaches me and starts checking my luggage. He is suspicious about a large bag with guitar and bass guitar strings I have on me. While he is checking it, I'm worrying that he may deem the very fact that I'm transporting so many strings to another country as smuggling. And I'm not even sure why I have so many strings in my luggage.

    The policeman, however, is looking for drugs. In a sarcastic tone, he asks me to open one of the thickest packs of strings. I open it and, to my own surprise, I see seeds in it. Those are large seeds of a plant I don't know. Their shape is close to tetraeder or pyramide. They are for the most part white, but have red and green tips.

    I am surprised and say I don't know what it is. The policeman, with triumph, exclaims the name of the plant in Latin and says it's crystal methadrine.

    I look at the seeds closer and see it's marmalade. I take a very small seed and put it in my mouth to verify, and it does taste like it. I tell the policeman it's marmalade.

    The policeman, Varg, and I go to the kitchen where we all try the marmalade seeds to check if there is a drug in them. I also eat milk chocolate (Corona, a local chocolate brand). None of us feels any drug effect yet. I wake up.


    12. Drunk Communist Rebels and a French Kiss

    October 7, 2021

    In my neighborhood, drunk communist rebels started a terrorist act. They are armed with rifles shooting at random people who pass by. The gang has been messing around and drinking for a week, harassing people in the streets. This is their way to protest against a law forbidding communist propaganda (in reality, my country does have such a law). And then they started shooting.

    A group of policemen, among whom there is my secondary and high school classmate, is trying to stop the rebels. Another classmate, a girl (or maybe even two) is with us as well. I accompany them.

    My classmate is injured and seems to be proud of this, thinking of himself as a hero. He is cheerful, so the injury doesn’t seem to be critical, although he’s bleeding. I am going to bandage his wound, but my hands are dirty. I’m looking for water to wash my hands so that I won't infect the wound.

    I don't have a gun. The communists are shooting at us, but from a too long distance. At first, I thought their bullets wouldn't reach us. However, sometimes I hear them whistling when flying by, so there is a considerable danger. But I behave carelessly — I don’t hide from bullets, I joke with my fellows. The policemen are equipped better so they kill the rebels easily, one by one.

    In the next scene, I find myself in a jail where I was put by mistake, for investigation of the fight with the communists, even though I had helped the police to stop the rebels. There are other people — two obese 50-60 years old men, a wife of one of them, and their baby. Like me, they were put in the jail temporarily, until the police interrogates them to find out what had happened.

    These people tell me they were involved in a drunk fight with the communists and then they bit someone's baby. They lay down on the plank-beds to have a nap. One of the men lays down on the plank-bed I’m sitting on. I stand up to give him space. I don't enjoy him being next to me.

    The door of the jail is open. Like the police don't care much about keeping us inside. And there are no guards around. A girl enters. She is curious about what is going on. I tell her what is happening. I flirt with her. Another girl comes in.

    I go outside to breathe fresh air while waiting for the police. Suddenly, I feel someone is pinching my flanks. It’s a girl standing behind me. I can’t see who she is (I remember how my dreaming imagination was looking for a character to assign this role to for a couple of seconds). At some point, I turn my head to the right and see that she is another girl from my school days. She used to be my crush when I was 14-15 years old (but in my dream she was older than that).

    I kiss her lips once — rapidly and playfully — and look at her. She didn't expect this and pretends to be dazed by my kiss — too daring and inappropriate. I say: "This is for pinching me." (in Russian, the way of saying this is basically "So that you know what it's like to pinch me."). I look at the girl’s lips. She wears pink lipstick.

    The girl says: "And this is what it's like when I lick you." and starts licking my temple. I enjoy this for a while, then kiss her the French way. She sucks my tongue hard, with passion. The sensation of kissing is very vivid, realistic. I think about caressing her breasts, but I decide not to: we are in the street, with people around. It would be too erotic to do this in public. I wake up.

     

    13. Esmakra

    December 20, 2021

    Esmakra is a fictional drug from Diabolique, a 2013 film by Cosmotropia de Xam. Vampires use Esmakra to control humanity and are addicted to it themselves.

    In my dream, the movie director Cosmotropia de Xam developed Esmakra in real life. Originally, it’s a milk-like liquid. But Cosmotropia de Xam invented a way to also convert it to the form of pills (white, large, and round-shaped). This helped him to extend the product’s expiration date.

    A stock of these pills is stored in commercial premises, in a secured room. Vampires addicted to Esmakra found a safe way to get to it. They transform themselves to water vapor. Being thin clouds of humidity dissolved in the air, they are invisible to guards and security cameras.

    When the vampires are getting through thin gaps between doors and walls, one could notice that the walls are becoming slightly humid. But this is very difficult to notice unless one keeps an eye on the walls, constantly and very attentively. To reveal the vampires, the factory would need special equipment monitoring humidity in the premises.

    I guess, the vampires didn’t have a way to take the pills and leave the building unnoticed. Pills can’t be transformed to vapor. To get the pills through the doors, the doors must be opened, which would trigger the alarm. So vampires had to eat Esmakra right there, and leave the building also in the form of vapor.

    Funny enough, among the vampires, there is Georgina Baillie (one of the most prominent members of the female entertainer community Satanic Sluts. It’s discussed in part 1 of my interview with Nigel Wingrove, the founder of Redemption Films and Satanic Sluts).

    Regarding Esmakra, you may want to watch my video parody about it and a few more details from Cosmotropia de Xam’s other films.



     

    14. Castel Twins and Farts

    December 28, 2021

    I am in the back of a classroom full of adults sitting at the desks. There are two rows of desks. Marie-Pierre Castel and Catherine Castel stand on the top of one of the desks (or maybe on separate ones), in the row to my right. They are singing a children’s song. The tune’s style is somewhat similar to the Christmas Carol. The audience isn’t silent. They are either chatting or singing along.

    I hear a loud fart: someone tried to take advantage of the audience’s hum thinking it would cover the fart, but the fart came out too loud. Another fart sounds. And they continue to sound from time to time, as Castel twins are singing their song… I’m not sure if it’s the same person farting or different ones.

    I find the sound of the farts resembling brass musical instruments such as a trumpet or a saxophone. They sound in the same key as the one in which Castel sisters are singing their song, kind of complementing it musically.

     

    15. A Metalhead and a Diver Cow

    January 26, 2022

    It's winter. A metalhead goes to the seashore. There is a radio broadcast playing Motorhead, accompanying the guy's journey. He goes through a mountainous area, and through a dark cave. But it's within a city, not a distant rural location.

    There is also a cow going to the sea. When the metalhead reaches the shoreline, he sees that the cow dived and now swims away from the coast. One can see its silhouette under the cold winter water.

    A few other silhouettes join the cow — dolphins accompanying it. The cow returns. Now it swims, together with the dolphins, towards the shore.

    I hope the cow is strong enough and doesn’t get sick because of swimming in the cold winter sea.


    That’s all for now, but I will be adding more strange dream stories while seeing new ones.

     

    16. Spike (the Vampire from Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

    February 3, 2023

    I was sailing somewhere in a boat or on a raft, along the river. Spike, the vampire from the TV series “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” was sitting in front of me. He was eating raw cabbage, very rigorously but cringing: he clearly wasn’t enjoying it.

    I asked him “Why are you cringing? Cabbage doesn’t taste bad, especially if you add salt to it”.

    He responded saying that cabbage didn’t really have much of a taste on its own. But it could affect the taste of whatever you eat it with — meat, potatoes, etc.

    Then I understood why Spike was eating cabbage with such determination. He was trying to stuff his stomach with something so that his body would be tricked into believing he wasn’t hungry. And for a vampire, being hungry means craving human blood.

    I think this dream was based on my memory of a TV documentary about professional eaters — sportsmen engaging in competitions where one must eat as much food as they can during a limited time. I saw this documentary about fifteen years ago.

    There was a man showing how he trained for competitions. To stretch his stomach, he ate cabbage, stuffing his stomach with it as much as he could. It was cabbage because this vegetable doesn’t make you fat or contain any other components harmful for the body, so it’s safe to eat it in high amounts.


    Become My Rocker — Get News 
    in Your Email

    I created this blog for like-minded people with weird taste for unpopular, obscure, and sleazy films and music. If you feel our tastes are similar, let's be email friends. You can also reach out to me if you need help in finding any rare film or music mentioned in by blog.


    Comments

    Featured Posts

    100+ Euro Cult Classic Exploitation B-Movies (Categorized by Topics)

    6 Best Jess Franco’s Films (Thorough Overview)

    6 Best Jean Rollin’s Films + the Rest (Deep Overview)